How To Prevent The Flu
Can you prevent the flu? or is it just luck when you are virus free all year long! The flu is a highly contagious viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. Because this illness can be spread easily by coughing and sneezing, influenza epidemics are very common, especially in winter. More than 200 different viruses can cause colds and flu, and strains of these viruses are constantly changing, so vaccinations against influenza have been only partly successful in preventing out breaks of this disease.
The symptoms of influenza begin much like those of the common cold head ache, fatigue, and body aches. In many cases, a fever develops, and you may feel unbearably hot one moment and chilled and shaking the next. Most influenza sufferers have a dry throat and cough. Nausea and vomiting may occur as well. Often a person with the flu is so weak and uncomfortable that he or she may not feel like eating or doing anything else.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PREVENT THE FLU?
Build you immune system and stay healthy by;
- Eliminating as much stress from your life as possible.
- Drinking plenty of water Eating a healthy diet, high in protein, fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Avoiding sugar, caffeine, & alcohol.
- Taking a high quality liquid, herbal multi vitamin with minerals (To learn more about testing vitamins for quality and assimilation into the body visit www.herbs4health.net read Chapter Nine of the my eBook " 9 Steps To A Healthy Vibrant Body " )
- Washing your hands often with antibacterial soap Getting plenty of rest Exercising a least three times a week Staying away from people with viruses If symptoms of influenza or a cold appear, immediately take a herbal product with Ginger & Echinacea as the main ingredients. (There are many of these available, the best are liquid herbal extracts made from plants)
SHOULD YOU HAVE A FLU SHOT TO PREVENT THE FLU?
Before you can answer that question, you need to learn more about flu shots. What is in a flu shot? There are approximately three different strains of the flu virus in each shot. These include some unknown substances, as most vaccines are grown and strained through animal or human tissues. In addition other vaccine constituents such as; Ethylene glycol (antifreeze) Phenol (carbolic acid ) Formaldehyde ( a cancer causing agent ) Aluminum (known for it's association with Alzheimer's disease ) Thimerosal (an antiseptic for cleaning wounds) Neomycin & Streptomycin (antibiotic) are found!
Believe it or not but, in the studies at VRAN (Vaccination Risk Awareness Network), statistics show that, with or without a vaccination only 1 % of the population is treated in hospital for pneumonia or flu. Also there are many different viruses throughout the world, and it is almost impossible to guess which virus will travel to your area. This makes a person wonder how they can choose which virus to inject you with? Another fact to consider is that of all the illnesses that come upon us in the winter months only 10 to 15% of them are influenza virus. To learn more visit www.demarcomd.com/vran/vaccines/flu/flu_severyn.htm" target="_new">www.demarcomd.com/vran/vaccines/flu/flu_severyn.htm
You have read the facts that your body can fight viruses. Your body and your immune system is designed to cure itself. Use this information to make you body healthier. With small changes in your life you can have a healthy vibrant body.
About The Author
© 2004 Jane Kriese email@example.com
Would you like to have a Healthy Vibrant Body? To learn more, sign up for Jane Kriese's Herbs For Health Newsletter at: www.herbsforhealthstore.biz" target="_new">www.herbsforhealthstore.biz