Top 10 Tips for Great Wedding Day Hair
These tips assume that you are going to be using your regular hairdresser to plan your style and on your wedding day. However if you plan to style your hair yourself, you can easily follow the same timetable and I have added some extra tips for you.
1. Plan! Plan! Plan! The earlier you start to plan the better. This gives you the chance to get your hair into the best condition possible and to have practice runs with your hairdresser trying out different styles and colors as well as trying out veils, tiaras and flowers. Ideally start this process 6 months before.
2. Collect pictures of possible hairstyles from all different magazines not just wedding magazines and discuss them with your hairdresser at least 4 months before your big day.
3. Each time you go to the hairdressers to try out a potential wedding day style take photos to help you remember what you liked about it for future reference and take someone with you whose opinion you can trust.
4. Make the most of what you've already got, maximize your good points rather than going for a look that isn't really you.
5. Start weekly conditioning treatments at least 3 months before your wedding.
6. Give you hair a break from harsh styling methods and equipment; this will help with getting your hair in tip-top condition.
7. If you are having flowers in your hair have a trial run with your hairdresser a couple of months before and make sure you have your appointment booked for the wedding day.
8. One month before have a trial run with your veil/ tiara and finalize with your hairdresser the style you have decided upon.
9. If you are having an updo on the day, wash your hair the night before as just-washed hair can be harder to manage.
10. Make sure you have an SOS kit on your big day, which you can give to the bridesmaid with the biggest handbag! - Plenty of hairgrips and pins in a matt color in a shade similar to your hair, hairbrush, tail comb, hairspray and shine spray.
Extra tips if you are doing your hairstyling yourself
1. As well as planning your style in the months before your wedding you need to try out various styling products so that you can be confident that the ones you are using on the day will make your hair look it's best.
2. To avoid your hair being flat use most styling product on the roots.
3. Hair products from the same range are designed to work together.
4. Have a trial run with your veil and tiara on the style you have chosen. To fix them into your hair, use clear combs and matt grips in a similar shade to your hair. If it's practical, keep them in your hair for a few hours to make sure they have staying power and to avoid having a slipping veil and tiara on the day.
Last but not least relax and enjoy your day :o)
Copyright © Skye Irwin, www.Haircare-made-easy.com">Haircare-made-easy.com, 2005
This article is copyrighted. Please feel free to use it in it's
entirety including copyright information and information about
Skye Irwin operates the website HairCare Made Easy, you can get her Hair Care Made Easy book from www.haircare-made-easy.com/spage.html">http://www.haircare-made-easy.com