10 Ideas to Jump Start Your Self-Confidence
To begin feeling that first spark of self-confidence within you, try as many of these as you like. It's important to enjoy yourself along the way. Have fun!
1. Correctly do 25 pushups, 50 sit-ups, or 1 cartwheel.
2. Learn all of the words to a fun new song on the radio and sing it aloud while driving down the road.
3. Open up your cookbook to a completely new recipe and learn to cook it well.
4. Learn how to say, "I love you" in two different languages other than your own.
5. Teach someone how to read, how to fish, or how to play a musical instrument.
6. Look inside a thesaurus to find new ways to say the same old things.
7. Find three funny jokes and learn to tell them really well.
8. Get a makeover, new hairstyle, or all new socks & underwear.
9. Learn how to say, "I'm sorry" and mean it.
10. Look into the eyes of strangers and hold their gaze long enough to see the insecurity in all of us.
More tips and ideas can be found in Beyond the Inner Critic by Skye Thomas.
About The Author
Skye Thomas is the CEO of Tomorrow's Edge, an Internet leader in inspiring leaps of faith. She became a writer in 1999 after twenty years of studying spirituality, metaphysics, astrology, personal growth, motivation, soulmates, and parenting. Her books and articles have inspired people of all ages and faiths to recommit themselves to the pursuit of happiness. After years of high heels and business clothes, she is currently enjoying working from home in her pajamas. To read more of her articles, sign up to receive her free weekly newsletter, and get free previews of her books go to www.TomorrowsEdge.net" target="_new">www.TomorrowsEdge.net.