Positive Things To Do For Yourself
Being a mom can take a toll on your body, your mind, and your soul. I know I am a mom to 3 wonderful but hyper boys ages 11, 9 and 3 and there are days where I really need to take a break from everything that goes on around me.
Sometimes though when you are blue its really hard to know what to do to bring yourself out of that "mom blues funk".
So I created a short list of things that I like to do when I just need those few minutes to rejuvenate myself and help me refocus on what is important to me and my life.
* Have a journal that you can write down things that are bothering you, get it off your chest so that it doesn't interfere with anything else. Read it once a month to see if you were able to deal with the problems or feelings you had at that time.
* VIEW yourself as attractive, beautiful-and you'll project that impression to others.
* Work at developing a positive attitude. You'll feel happier, more in control, and you'll radiate high self-esteem.
* Start viewing problems as challenges that you can overcome and learn from.
* Associate with positive successful people. Optimism and success are contagious.
* Alleviate stress with a relaxation technique such as meditation or yoga. Or simply do a 60 second deep breathing exercise 5-6 times a day.
* Do aerobic exercise daily to relieve tension and boost energy.
* Limit alcohol and caffeine intake. Alcohol can leave you feeling sluggish: too much caffeine can trigger restlessness and irritability.
* Learn to set priorities, saying "no" to nonessential activities. Can you do this one? I have a hard time saying no.....
* Eat healthy, choosing foods from the four food groups: dairy, protein, fruit/vegetable, and grains. Eating healthy gives us the energy! Don't skip breakfast even if you don't have time you can grab a piece of toast and an apple.
* Avoid drastic weight loss programs. Instead, combine aerobic exercise with an eating plan that limits fat intake. Do not go under 30 grams of fat a day though even if trying to lose weight, we need some fat in our bodies or our bodies will think it is starving and save all those calories instead of letting you burn them off.
I don't expect you to do this list all at once. That would be adding just one more stress to your life. Read over the list again and choose the ones that are most important to you now. Once you have accomplished what you chose to work on then move on to another one that is important to you.
WAHM with 3 wonderful boys ages 11, 9 and 3
Moderator for Body and Soul on www.babyuniversity.com">http://www.babyuniversity.com
And Owner of www.Advantagemarketing4u.com">http://www.Advantagemarketing4u.com
Taken from her Ebook "Time for Moms"
Email her to purchase a copy.