Lipovarin Review: How Well Does It Work?
Since the ban on ephedra based products in April 2003 many ephedra free fat burners have hit the weight loss market with mixed success. A few of these new "ephedra alternative" weight loss products have performed a pretty decent job of burning fat and supplying a boost of energy while others have not been nearly as effective.
Lipovarin? is one of the more popular over-the-counter ephedra free weight loss supplements on the market today. The product claims to be a powerful thermogenic weight loss compound that is also capable of suppressing one's appetite. Accompanying those effects is the claim that it can boost energy and elevate one's emotional mood.
As I have said in the past in reviewing nutritional products, for a product to have any real potential it MUST contain efficacious ingredients and they must be included in a high enough amount to prove potentially worthwhile. More importantly, product claims should always be supported by the inclusion of ingredients that have clinical research behind them. Too often products contain a concoction of ingredients that have no clinical proof as to their actual efficacy in responding to a physical condition. I will tell you that Lipovarin? probably contains the highest grade quality of ingredients that I have ever analyzed in a weight loss product.
Let's take a close look at the Lipovarin? formula. I will try and analyze each ingredient and see how important it is in delivering safe and effective weight loss:
1) Advantra Z? (385mg) is a patent pending brand of citrus aurantium used in the clinical research studies that have demonstrated its safe and effective calorie burning properties. Unlike ephedrine or ma huang based products, Advantra Z? stimulates only the metabolism boosting Beta 3 receptors, so there are no undesirable effects on your nervous system, heart rate or blood pressure levels. In fact, clinical results indicate Advantra Z? is more thermogenic than ephedrine, without any of the associated side effects. I am extremely impressed by the inclusion of this ingredient in the Lipovarin product.
To read more on the structure/function claims on Advantra Z follow this link: http://www.winltdusa.com/about/infocenter/healthnews/articles/advantrafunction.htm
2) 7-Keto? is a naturally occurring breakdown product of DHEA that has DHEA activity, but cannot be converted to testosterone or estrogen in the body. Research suggests that 7-Keto DHEA may increase fat-burning enzyme activity and support healthy thyroid function. 7-Keto may increase the levels of a thyroid hormone called triiodothyronine (T3) levels in the body, which are linked to resting metabolism. Increases in fat-burning enzyme activity may increase body metabolic rate and promote weight loss without stimulating the nervous system or changing caloric intake.
To read more on the clinical results of 7-Keto? follow this link: http://www.humaneticscorp.com/ittrium/servlet/visit?path=A24x0x1y1xb9x1x72y1xbex1x65
3) Green Tea extract (150mg) is an ingredient that has so much positive clinical support backing it as a weight loss compound. I am a big fan of green tea because it reaches beyond weight loss and into other health defense areas. As it relates to weight loss, it has been shown effectively increase one's metabolism by as much as 4-6% This "speeding up" of one's metabolism can easily lead to the reduction in overall body mass, i.e., weight loss.
4) Serotain? (295 mg) is a proprietary blend of Griffonia simplicifolia extract and other natural ingredients that contain 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), which enhances endogenous serotonin levels. The most widely studied effects of serotonin, a neurotransmitter, have been on the central nervous system. According to Richard Borne, Ph.D., faculty at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, the functions of serotonin are numerous and appear to involve control of appetite, sleep, memory, temperature regulation, mood and behavior. What I really like about the inclusion of this ingredient in this ingredient is that dieting is hard enough without being a nervous wreck. Serotain supports your weight-loss program by enhancing your mood in a natural way.
5) Metabromine? (350mg) is a derivative of the cacao tree, (cacao tree produces the seeds used in making cocoa, chocolate, and cocoa butter), and provides the appetite suppression and energy boost without the jitters some consumers used to get when they took ephedra-based products. It's a rather unique appetite ingredient that performs in similar fashion as Hoodia Gordonii. It definitely has some very real potential.
5) Caffeine (200mg), which speeds metabolism, is the most-active ingredient in many "diet pills." Caffeine breaks down fat, freeing fatty acids which are immediately burned. Conversion of fat to energy is about 30 percent more efficient when caffeine is consumed prior to exercise.
6) Glucuronolactone (300 mg) detoxifies the body by speeding up the elimination of harmful substances, both endogenic (toxins within or made by the body) and exogenic (external toxins such as radiation, or pollution that penetrate the body from the outside). Supplementing with glucuronolactone, aids the transportation of amino acids during amino acid metabolism.
7) Taurine (200 mg) helps to emulsify dietary lipids in the intestine, promoting digestion. Taurine also regulates heartbeat and maintains cell membrane stability. Taurine has protective effects upon the human brain and is often used to boost brain function and cognitive abilities.
8) L-Carnitine (15mg) is a water-soluble, B-vitamin-like nutrient that the body uses to turn fat into energy. With carnitine's help, fat levels decrease in the blood and weight loss is easier. New research continues to pour in to support the idea that l-carnitine should be an every day, health supporting nutrient that we all take as regularly as vitamin C.
Here is the bottom-line on Lipovarin?--it is as complete a weight loss product as you will find on the market today. I am extremely impressed by both the weight loss components and the powerful energy boosting components of the product. In the future I would like to see a little bit more clinical data on the efficacy of the Metabromine? ingredient (appetite suppressant) contained in the formula. Overall, I highly recommend Lipovarin? as a weight loss product!
Peter is a Health & Fitness enthusiast and writer. He is in the process of completing his new book titled "Extend Your Life Beyond Today." In the book he examines the link between nutritional supplements and human life extension.