Money can be your servant or it can be your master. The choice is yours to make. If you want to be the master in this relationship, you must learn to assert your control.
This process is simple. It may not, however, be easy. You are habituated to certain beliefs and behaviors towards money. The mass mindset of your culture, including the pervasive advice of advertisers, banks and advisors, is extremely persuasive in convincing you that you are a servant to money and its mysterious and magical attributes.
Nevertheless, if you have the discipline to enact these simple control mechanisms, you will become the master in your relationship with money and, in so doing, will begin to create the financial success you desire.
1. Spend less than you earn.
This is so obvious that it should not even need to be said. However, we live in a society that is predicated to debt financing. If you can't pay cash for it, do without.
2. Pay yourself first.
Take 10% of your income and save it. Don't spend it. Don't lend it. Live off the other 90%. That 10% will build your wealth. It is your foundation.
3. Get out of debt.
The interest you pay on borrowed money, if saved or invested instead, would be enough to retire on. Debt does more than make you a servant to money, it turns you into a slave.
4. Have multiple sources of income.
Reliance upon a single source of income is a recipe for disaster. If your primary source of income supports your lifestyle, your secondary sources will build your wealth.
5. Create passive income.
So long as you work for your money, you are the servant. When your money works for you, it is your servant. Simple, isn't it?
6. Invest in yourself.
Wealth is a product of mind. Expand your mind. Educate yourself about wealth creation. Learn, and then apply, the millionaire mindset secrets of the masters. I give away a free ebook on my website that will help you get the mindset that allowed me to become a self-made millionaire.
Understand that money is not wealth. It is simply an agreed upon medium of exchange that enables you to trade one form of wealth (what you are and what you can contribute) for another form of wealth (food, shelter, security, freedom, pleasures,etc.
The more value that you can offer, the more valuables you can accumulate. Become more valuable. Invest in you. You will get to have wealth after you become wealthy.
© Leslie Fieger. All rights reserved worldwide.
Leslie is the author of The DELFIN Knowledge System Trilogy: The Initiation, The Journey and The Quest plus many more success publications. He also the co-author of The End of the World with Hugh Jeffries and Alexandra's DragonFire with his daughter Ashley. Subscribe to his free and ad-free eZine at www.ProsperityParadigm.com">http://www.ProsperityParadigm.com or www.LeslieFieger.com">http://www.LeslieFieger.com.
Reprinting and republishing of this article is granted only with the above credit included. Permission to reprint or republish does not waive any copyright.